Service and Upgrade Engineers – Dorset and surrounding area
Our Service and Upgrade Project Engineers are responsible for preventative maintenance and remote diagnostics in accordance with our client’s service contract and the upkeep of their building management systems. A key part of this role is active involvement in delivering on system upgrade projects as well as maintaining systems under our control.
This position is responsible for conducting planned and reactive maintenance on client systems, supporting small projects to develop and upgrade system capability, and carrying out surveys and validations on new systems for our growing client base. In the event of client system faults, our engineers are confident in supporting the clients via remote access.
This is developmental role for service and maintenance engineers, or similarity qualified engineers who are looking to progress in their careers. Full training provided with options to achieve NVQ L4 BMS engineer qualifications and beyond.
This is a hybrid role, working from home and travelling to site, supporting clients in the Dorset and surrounding area, with the opportunity to be involved in projects in the south west and across the UK. If you are interested in learning more, get in touch today.
Overview of Role
- Service and repair building management systems for clients, to fulfil our Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) contracts.
- Participate in an on-call rota and respond to call outs from clients to rectify BMS faults promptly and efficiently.
- Implement ad hoc service requests from clients outside formal maintenance contracts, for a flexible and responsive service provision.
- Perform BMS fault-finding including field equipment, cabling, panel wiring, panel components and software, to identify any faults.
- Make modifications to electrical circuity, panel and field devices as required in delivering servicing, repair and upgrades.
- Install and modify parts and equipment on site.
- Remote dial in diagnostics to evaluate alarms and liaison with site teams to quickly resolve faults.
- Minor software program modifications using established standards.
- Support projects resulting from planned and reactive maintenance, to achieve optimum building efficiency and user conform levels as part of life cycle planning.
- Surveying existing control systems and supporting the hardware engineering process for upgrades projects.
- Carrying out pre-commissioning checks for upgrades controls and equipment.
- Loading software and helping lead engineers to ensure correct operation of a new or upgraded system.
- Support the broader engineering team in UK wide Service Contract and small project works, to collaborate with colleagues and work together to meet client.
What we offer in return
In addition to being provided with a competitive salary and annual bonus scheme, you will also receive:
- An individual development plan created in collaboration with you.
- A monthly car allowance and travel expenses for using public transport.
- A contributory pension scheme (company provides 5% of your basic salary).
- Life assurance of 4 x annual salary.
- Free BUPA private medical insurance.
- 25 days holidays, plus public holidays.
If you would like to have an informal chat regarding the role, we encourage you to send your CV to email@example.com and request a call back. We look forward to meeting you!
Evidence of Right to Work in the UK, computer literacy, a driving licence and a passion for everything-BEMS are essential prerequisites. Please note we are unable to offer relocation packages for job roles.
Job location: Hybrid role working in Dorset and the surrounding area
System Partners and Solutions